Artists who wish to occupy live/work space at Western Avenue Lofts must be working artists and must submit the following:
1. Evidence of a body of work, created in the past 3 years such as CD’s, slides, digital images, DVD’s, video and/or audiotapes; production photographs; scripts, works of fiction, non-fiction or poetry. All support materials need to be labeled (i.e. artists’s name, date of the work, and where appropriate, media, dimensions or duration). Do NOT submit original artwork.
- Up to 20 slides (digital or old-school); and/or
- Up to 10 minutes of video/CD/audiotape; and/or
- Up to 20 production photographs; and/or
- Up to 10 reproductions of sketches used in set or costume design; and/or
- Up to 30 pages of sample scripts, works of fiction, non-fiction or poetry.
2. Artist Resume listing professional arts experience (i.e. exhibitions, commissions, teaching, etc.) and all educational training. The resume can be supplemented with up to 10 pages of sample programs/invitations, catalogs and/or press clippings.
3. Up to 3 Letters of Recommendation from artists and/or arts professionals (i.e. curators, producers, teachers, etc.) who are recognized within the arts community and who will attest that the artist is a serious, working artist. Letters of recommendation are required only if you cannot present evidence of a recent body of work, evidence of formal training, or evidence that your work has been presented publicly.
Artists who hold valid Artist Certification from the Boston Redevelopment Authority (BRA) may submit a certificate copy, but will still need to submit samples of work. Please give us a call.
You can download the above information and submit with your Loft Application: