Letting go of summer can be difficult especially in New England. But, there is an incredible silver lining that comes with this annual change: the Fall. For most of us, Fall brings forth an array of exciting stimuli such as: the crisp autumn air, aromas of all things apple, spectacular leaf displays, the soaring cheers of football fans, and all kinds of pumpkin flavored treats. For Western Avenue artists, fall is also a very special time because we hold our annual Artoberfest!
Here’s what’s happening during Artoberfest this year…
- Artists open up their studios and lofts to the public for two days ─ October 6th and 7th from 12-5 p.m.
- Our historic mill buildings are the home of over 300 artists and have many corridors you can weave your way through – embark on your own art maze adventure.
- Artist demonstrations will be held in a range of mediums so you can see how art is made.
- Our artist designed pumpkin contest will once again delight visitors with the unusual and unexpected. In addition, you can vote for your favorite pumpkin and be entered in for a chance to win a gift certificate.
- The Loading Dock Gallery will be hosting a New England Regional Juried Show with Annual Poetry Convergence ─ not to be missed.
- Navigation Brewery and Food Trucks (Phoenix Rising Pizza – October 6th; Chicks and Dogs – October 7th) will be onsite ─ enjoy a tasty snack and a handcrafted cold one.
- The Onyx Room will be open for viewing if you are looking to rent a venue for an upcoming event.
Bring your family and friends ─ there is something for everyone to love!
Because our artists use a variety of mediums, there is bound to be something in our complex that will speak to every member of your family. Both admission and parking for this event are free. So, save the date for this awesome autumn celebration and join us for an artful experience your senses will surely not forget!
Check out our Facebook Event Page for further details!