Something new, something old
Last month, we celebrated art with two days of Open Studios. This month we welcome summer, breathing new life into everything. A new piece of artwork will also breathe new life into your space. This month we are bringing back a bit of the summer outdoor market feel, it will be a fun campus-wide event. With our Lofts building open to the public, our Studios building is open as usual, and this month we will have some of our artists setting up tents outside in our parking lot. The Outdoor Art Market portion of this month’s event is perfect for anyone who might not feel ready to wander inside yet.
Our neighbors at Lowell Makes will also be joining us this month. They will have an info tent outside on their patio and will be offering tours.
So join us on June 4th for our June Summer Open Art Studios, from noon until 5 pm.
Last Chance Shows & A New Loading Dock Gallery Show
We have four Mini Gallery shows wrapping up this month. This is your last chance to check them out!
- 1st Floor Mini Gallery (Near Studio 141): Abstract Expression: Order & Chaos by John Haiduk
- 3rd Floor Mini Gallery (Near Studio 399): Lowell, There’s A Lot To Like by Western Avenue Photographers
- 4th Floor Mini Gallery (Near Studio 499): Working in THE GRACE OF SOLITUDE – The COVID Period by Garry Harley
- 5th Floor Mini Gallery (Near Studio 599): Chrysalis by Slyv Litz
Full Bloom IV, Loading Dock Gallery’s June show. Refresh your spirit. Immerse yourself in color. From tiny paintings to huge abstracts, Full Bloom IV blossoms. Work includes garden-themed ceramics, photography, and paintings by gallery members and artists at Western Avenue Studios. The artist reception will be from 3 until 5 pm during this month’s Open Studios event.
Fan-favorite Empanada Dada returns this month. Bringing with them their signature mouth-watering Cuban empanadas.
Start your Open Studios experience with a cup of coffee or tea from Tiny Arms Coffee. Their tasty drinks bring new meaning to art that you can taste. The coffee shop will be open from 9am until 4pm.
Summer patio weather is here and Navigation Brewing Company has you covered. This week their juicy Summer Ale returns to the tap room, for a refreshing taste of summer. The brewery will be open from 4pm until 10pm.
Covid-19 and Event Guidelines
In order to bring you a fun and safe in-person event, we have instituted some safety rules for our events. Safety is our number one concern, and we hope you understand. We can’t wait to see you!
- Guests who are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms or have been instructed to quarantine by a medical professional should not attend.
- Face coverings/masks are not required but recommended since some lofts or studios, as well as businesses may require them for entry into their space.
- Please maintain a six-foot distance from others, where possible.
- We will have hand sanitation stations at the entries to the building.
There is no charge for this event. This event is dog friendly, we just ask that you keep your pup on a leash.